Benefits of IP Licensing
Licensing IP can be an easy way for companies to generate additional revenues and improve competitive barriers to entry. There are many reasons a company will consider licensing its IP – for example, it may be that the company does not have a use for a particular patent portfolio anymore, and so is considering licensing it out to another party who interested in exploiting the particular technology, or it may be that the company is using licensing as a way to grow or to attract a lucrative partnership.
When considering licensing, there are many factors that a company must consider including:
- Time period
- Foreground/ Background IP
- Future Developments
- Any services provided by licensor along with assets
- Royalties or another payment method
Our Process will:
- Identify the most commercially relevant licensing partner
- Advise you on specific terms to include/exclude, which are reflective of the circumstances the company is in and the required objective
- Advise you on how to structure and tactically execute a licensing transaction
- Negotiate with identified partners to ensure they understand the value of the commercial opportunity they are securing through the license
- Provide Royalty rate or license fee analysis and advice.
If you’d like to learn more, contact our staff of intellectual property experts today. We’ve helped many companies through every level of intellectual property management. While you’re here, feel free to check out our advanced insights on Intellectual Property strategies, formal intellectual properties such as copyrights, designs, and trademarks and informal intellectual properties.