Why use Metis?
There are many providers of business valuations and a smaller number of IP valuers. The feedback we have received from clients is that our IP valuation reports deliver ‘tangible’ benefits for them:
- A new IP narrative they use in their discussions with lenders, investors and acquirers – evidence of the extent, quality and value of ALL their critical IP assets.
- Clear mapping of the key IP assets to products and services, and to material revenue streams. Ensuring our valuations are robust, transparent, and reliable.
- Our expert opinion on which IP assets are providing that all important ‘competitive moat’ around the business, protecting future cash flows and underpinning scalability and growth.
- Our IP Valuations are being relied on by investors, lenders, accountants, advisors and tax authorities.
Our IP Valuation Reports for PPA purposes make it easy for our clients to achieve timely auditor’s sign off.
Why do I need my IP valued?
Are you developing tech? Are you spending on marketing and brand? Do you document your unique business processes? Do you have a ‘secret sauce’ that enables you to generate more revenue or profit than your competitors – if the answer is yes then you are investing in IP, BUT who else knows this but you? How do you articulate the value of this investment when it is hidden from your balance sheet?
The benefits of identifying and valuating your IP assets are significant:
- For growth and business transformation: businesses that rely on IP valuations to make informed decisions about IP protection, ROI on marketing and R&D, IP licensing, or to demonstrate to lenders that they have well-protected assets that are securing future cash flows.
- For M&A and exit: working sell-side to ensure acquirers recognize all the IP value that has been created, but not included in the balance sheet, and providing that all-important IP narrative that demonstrates how these IP assets are used to drive growth and margins, now and post-acquisition.