M and M Direct Limited (“M and M Direct” or the “Company”) has appointed Metis Partners to support the marketing and sale of the Ribbon brand.
HIGHLIGHTS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Boho-inspired womenswear brand with a 20-year proven track record of sales and profitability
- Whimsical on-trend brand concept targeting women aged 18 to 30 and girls aged 5 to 13
- Brand sold online in the UK and internationally
- Owned by leading online retailer M and M Direct, which has over 2.5m active customers
- International trade mark protection
Metis Partners is offering a unique opportunity to acquire a recognised clothing brand which has generated average annual revenue of circa £175k over the past three years.
The Ribbon brand has had both high-street and online exposure; launched in 2007 by high street retailer BANK Fashion as their flagship clothing brand and then acquired by online clothing retailer, M and M Direct, in 2015. This brand therefore could be successfully relaunched as a standalone clothing brand or as part of an existing retail portfolio.
All offers/notes of interest/requests for further information should be directed to Jorge Orendain (email@example.com) and Ruby Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Metis Partners by email or by phone – +44 (0)141 353 3011. The deadline for offers has been set at noon on Tuesday 10 December 2019.
Ribbon was launched in 2007, as a whimsical womenswear clothing and footwear brand, by high street retailer BANK Fashion. It was acquired by online clothing retailer M and M Direct in 2015 and is still revenue-generating. The Ribbon brand has benefited from significant online exposure; it is marketed on the M and M Direct website which attracts 100 million visits per year. M and M Direct has more than 2.5 million active customers across all markets and reported revenue of more than £150m in 2018.
IP ASSETS FOR SALE
- Goodwill rights in the brand and reputation of Ribbon
- Registered trade marks