Clare Boardman and Adrian Peter Berry of Deloitte LLP, the Joint Administrators of A-Belco Limited (in Administration) (“A-Belco” or “the Company”), have appointed Metis Partners to support the marketing and sale of the intellectual property (“IP”) assets relating to the Company.
IP ASSET HIGHLIGHTS
- Specialist Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Solutions provider
- Substantial Portfolio of Unregistered Designs
- Attractive Accreditations and Certifications
- Well-regarded Brand with Associated Goodwill
- Branded Website and Domain Names
- Valuable Organisational Knowledge
This is a unique opportunity to purchase the IP assets behind a company with multiple divisions offering electrical and mechanical engineering excellence to a wide range of industries and markets worldwide.
All offers and requests for further information should be submitted by email directly to (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Metis Partners. The deadline for offers has been set at 12 pm on Wednesday 16th November.
Incorporated in 1999 and based in the Midlands, A-Belco was a renowned electrical and mechanical engineering company, which offered solutions to a wide range of industries and markets internationally. The award-winning Company was linked to high-value projects and global companies such as Saudi Aramco, and BAE Systems.
The Company held a number of divisions including:
- Hadar Lighting, under which the Company has developed a portfolio of 12 sparkless lighting products, including all designs relating to these, for use within hazardous areas such as oil rigs;
- A-Belco Hazardous Area which has been involved in the creation of products for use in explosive atmospheres, notably a junction box;
- A-Belco Electrical Engineering which was a manufacturer in the design and build of commercial and industrial switchgear, as well as providing specialised components to the rail industry for trackside electrical solutions; and
- A-Belco Industrial Connectors which has manufactured the Easigo range of industrial plugs, sockets and electrical connectors since 1910, with associated revenues at its height of £6 million to £8 million in 1982.
Each of the above divisions held accreditations such as ISO9001, and products in the Hadar Lighting division held QAN and QAR accreditations.
We understand that these divisions within the Company have been associated with revenue in excess of £6 million in 2015, and in excess of £9 million in 2014.
DESIGN PORTFOLIO HIGHLIGHTS
The Company has a comprehensive and extensive design portfolio comprised of schedule and certification designs, manufacturing and fabrication designs relating to the Hadar Lighting products.
These designs also incorporate a number of variations in relation to the products such as standard versions, emergency versions, high and low voltage, infrared, as well as lights used in the prestigious Gorgon project in Australia.
This opportunity is likely to be of interest to those operating in areas including, but not limited to
- Oil and gas equipment and system providers
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Hazardous area equipment providers
- Rail electrical equipment providers
IP ASSETS FOR SALE
- Goodwill in the brand and reputation
- Trade marks
- Unregistered design portfolio
- Branded domain name and website content
- Customer database
- Organisational knowledge