This is a unique opportunity to acquire the IP assets of Disc Holdings Limited (in Administration) (“Disc” or the “Company”), a cutting edge payment platform utilising a blockchain hyperledger with smartphone application.
Highlights and Opportunities
- A unique and highly innovative blockchain-based payment application (“app”) that is smartphone-enabled.
- Opportunity to capitalise on the burgeoning market demand for blockchain software, valued at $6bn globally in 2017 and projected to reach $13bn by 2023.
- Software supports interaction with conventional banking.
- Smartphone-to-smartphone payment capability for closed-loop transactions together with a secure hyperledger.
- Proven software functionality from a pilot scheme run for a government department.
- Suitable for Organisations requiring contactless payment via smartphones during Coronavirus pandemic
- The software underpinning the DISC platform is comprised of a hyperledger and a mobile app
- Developed by IBM, the Hyperledger component was developed using an Agile methodology
- Developed by DataArt, the Android app was written in Java and the iOS proof of concept app was written in Objective C
- Supported by relevant software development documentation
IP Assets for Sale:
- Software and source code underpinning the Disc platform
- Goodwill rights in the Disc corporate brand
- Copyright in relation to the website content
- Domain name (discholdings.com)
- Documentation in relation to the development of the software
- Documentation in relation to the “GovCoin” trial conducted in conjunction with the House of Commons
All offers and requests for additional information should be submitted by email directly to Andrew Smith (email@example.com) and Emily Muir (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Metis Partners by email or by phone – +44 (0)141 353 3011. The deadline for offers has been set for Monday 22 June 2020 at 10am (BST).