IP VALUATION ANALYST – US BASED
We are recruiting for IP Valuation Analysts to join our US team!
Who we are:
Metis Partners is an intellectual property (“IP”) firm, acknowledged as being the UK market leader in IP Valuation and IP Sale. Established in 2003, we have grown to become a young dynamic team of specialists working remotely and from offices in Glasgow and San Diego.
Metis Partners is an established Intellectual Property Valuation firm based in Glasgow, UK. Recognized as an industry leader due to its breadth of experience and enviable reputation in the market. Metis Partners has been ranked in the Top 25 Global IP Valuation Firms by Forbes. In 2019, Metis Partners founder Stephen Robertson, moved with his family from Scotland to San Diego, California, opening an exciting new chapter in the growth of the business. To meet rising global demand for their services, Metis Partners Inc is actively recruiting graduate entry team members to join their young, dynamic and highly trained team.
What we do:
We identify, value and sell IP for a range of clients, big and small, private and public, across numerous sectors. Our approach is focused on analysing a business, its key resources, its competitive advantage and how and where IP and intangible assets contribute. We get a unique, inside view of what make companies tick – both the successful companies and those who are failing and why. We also help support other professionals, advising on and facilitating business turnarounds often using the value of IP assets to attract rescue funding.
We operate in three IP disciplines: IP Valuation, IP Advisory and Corporate Turnaround and Restructuring. The Business Analyst role supports all three areas and we currently have graduate vacancies. The role offered will depend on both your skillset and relevant qualifications, and extensive IP training is provided in-house.
You might recognise a few of our clients:
Alix Partners, Bain Capital, Clydesdale Bank, Carlyle Group, Deloitte, Duff and Phelps, Ernst & Young, Faraday Future, Fit Flop, FRP, Gordon Brothers, Grant Thornton, HEAD Sports, KPMG, Mothercare plc, Octopus Investments, P2i, PNC, Pathlight Capital and Quantuma.
Here are some of the activities our IP Valuation Analysts have been involved in over the last 6 months:
- Analysed and valued the IP assets of an acquisition target for a publicly listed entity
- Catalogued and sold the key IP assets in failing high street retail businesses to maximise returns for creditors and lenders
- Supported one of Europe’s most significant techstars with their expansion into Asia and protection of their IP assets on the journey
- Delivered IP-specific training and IP-related webinars to accountants, lawyers and restructuring professionals
- Attended IP100 Club events with fast growing IP-rich corporates and their advisors to learn about how to improve the protection and value of their IP assets
- Researched, documented, marketed and sold the IP assets from various entities across many industry sectors including selling: the back-catalogue of major music artists; the brands & related intangibles of high street retailers, medical device technology and contactless payment software.
Key responsibilities of IP Valuation Analysts include:
- Conducting relevant corporate and market research, including researching IP databases
- Conducting IP information-discovery calls and Q&A with clients and their professional advisors
- Drafting client proposals, IP Valuation reports and IP sales and marketing documentation
- Corresponding and liaising with potential buyers of IP and their professional advisors
- Performing financial and risk rate analysis
- Carrying out royalty rate searches and analysis
- Performing IP valuations utilising various recognised IP valuation approaches and methodologies
- Actively contributing to marketing initiatives and attending events, as directed by Senior Managers and CEO
- Commercial awareness and professional discretion, as assignments are often confidential and commercially sensitive
- Resilience and ability to work within a dynamic business environment, whilst working remotely from home for periods of time
- Excellent attention to detail and recognition of the rigour required in the delivery of professional services
- Team player that can work effectively both independently and collaboratively with other team members
We are an employee focused company (our CEO won the 2018 Innovation in the Workplace IOD Award) and offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- A flexible working environment – to allow you to enjoy a good work life balance, work from home in 2020
- Private healthcare (as appropriate) – we want you to be in your best shape
- Day off on your birthday – because you only get one birthday a year!
- Active team mentoring and development program – which is important during the work from home regime
- Flexible hours – when you do the work isn’t a big issue for us
- Annual training budget – if you want more training to become more effective in your role then we are right behind you
Salary / Compensation:
We offer a competitive full time salary & benefits commensurate with location, attitude, ability, qualifications and experience. We are seeking candidates with a “can-do” attitude.
Please apply in writing, by forwarding your C.V and a covering letter explaining why you feel you should be successful in your application for this role to email@example.com
Or apply via our Handshake page here.