This is a unique opportunity to acquire the extensive patent portfolio owned by Omnifone Limited (in Administration) (the “Company”), one of the pioneers of digital music services and mobile social networks.
Highlights and Opportunities
- Expand or launch a patent licensing programme around a global technology giant as a core licensee
- Enable a non-practicing entity to undertake patent assertion
- Facilitate a company’s offensive intellectual property (“IP”) strategy
- Form part of an existing IP portfolio for an operating entity with similar technology, underpinning a defensive IP strategy
- Attract market interest and press attention to increase awareness of the acquirer’s business, strategy or growth plans
Key Market Data:
- Global OTT services market size is forecast to grow from $81.6b in 2019 to $156.9b by 2024, at a CAGR of 14% (ResearchAndMarkets.com)
- 61% of Americans own a Smart TV and 52% use OTTY services in 2019 (Forbes)
- Information and communications technology (ICT) is the most active field for patent assertion litigations (European Commission)
All offers and requests for additional information should be submitted by email directly to Andrew Smith (email@example.com) and Emily Muir (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Metis Partners by email or by phone – +44 (0)141 353 3011. The deadline for offers has been set at noon on Friday 10 April 2020.
IP Assets for Sale:
Nine patent families comprised of circa 30 patent filings, granted in key commercial territories including the US, Canada, Europe and China.
The Company’s patent portfolio protects a variety of inventions including:
- A wireless digital media player
- A digital method of automatically generating recommendation for digital media content
- A ‘cloud stick’, which is a microprocessor-based system providing remotely-stored digital media content.
Further information is available upon the execution of a confidentiality agreement.