Metis Partners was appointed firstly by Bench Limited, before quickly pivoting, following the appointment of Administrators, BDO LLP to sell the IP assets of Bench.
Bench was a leading streetwear fashion brand with international market presence and operated more than 40 stores in Europe and ecommerce site generating more than $200m revenue. Interestingly, the Company had developed a licensing strategy that achieved brand extension into both new territories and new product categories.
IP Assets Sold
- International trade mark portfolio protecting the Bench brand & numerous product brands
- Existing license agreements with key partners
- Extensive customer transaction data & analytics
- Portfolio of unregistered product brands & design rights
- Branded website content & domains portfolio
- Copyright in Bench music track lists
Highlight of this IP Sale
We generated significant interest from multiple fashion houses and equity investors, however we maximized the financial outcome by providing the buyer with strategic IP advice on how to renegotiate the licenses and gain access to an immediate cash flow stream, without the time delay of restructuring the trading business. The IP was sold for $millions and the Bench fashion house is still successfully trading today.