Metis Partners was appointed by FRP Advisory to market and sell the IP assets of WeeWorld.
WeeWorld was a social media platform that provided instant messaging services using chat-based avatars and mobile apps. WeeWorld was once one of the most popular teen websites in the US, partnering with companies such as AOL, MSN and Skype, and was promoted by Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake and the Pussycat Dolls, generating annual revenues of $3m.
IP Assets Sold
- Goodwill rights in the well-known WeeWorld and WeeMe brands
- Software and source-code underpinning the WeeWorld platform relating to the iOS, Android and Window’s applications
- International patent portfolio, including US granted patents and patent applications
- Various registered and unregistered trademarks
- Significant database of 46 million users of the platform
- Branded website content and related domain name portfolio
- Significant library of copyright content
Highlight of this IP Sale
This high-profile case attracted significant global interest from numerous major players in this space. We conducted thorough marketing exercise and managed a highly competitive bidding process, and in turn secured a substantial six-figure return for the IP portfolio. The WeeWorld platform was successfully relaunched by the new owner.