Metis Partners was instructed by cloudBuy and Opus Restructuring to support the marketing and sale of the IP assets owned by cloudBuy.
Formerly listed on the London Stock Exchange (AIM), cloudBuy was a developer of SaaS-based e-commerce, e-procurement and digital marketplace solutions. Its diverse offering had cross-sector applicability, utilized by major global organizations including the United Overseas Bank, and research-intensive universities such as Oxford, Cambridge and Kings College London. The Company had an impressive 20-year track record and further gained significant exposure in the investor space with its PLC status.
IP Assets Sold
- Proven SaaS platform supported by extensive software development documentation
- Goodwill rights in the globally recognised cloudBuy brand
- Global trade mark portfolio protecting the cloudBuy brand name and logo
- Two decades worth of critical organizational knowledge, including ISO certifications
- Significant domain name portfolio comprising 600 early registered domains
Highlight of this IP Sale
Continuation of service for the Company’s clients was paramount and our strategy was to minimize potential disruption, whilst we ran a marketing process. As one of the UK’s early adopters in the e-procurement market, this sale generated substantial interest. A large and valuable database, rich in data analytics, and extensive organizational knowledge made cloudBuy an attractive acquisition. We secured a significant sum from a party who was able to rescue the business and continues to service the client base today.