Metis Partners was appointed by Leonard Curtis to market and sell the IP assets relating to Money Republic.
Money Republic was a high-profile short-term lender, gaining substantial traction in its early days. It was recognized for its intelligent marketing and technological innovation, setting it apart from competing payday lenders. The Company attracted over £1m of investment, which was heavily invested into the conceptualization, design and development of the Money Republic brand and website.
IP Assets Sold
- Goodwill rights in the well-recognized Money Republic brand and reputation
- Trademark portfolio protecting the corporate brand and related sub-brand names
- A domain name portfolio with numerous finance-specific domains
- Website content, underpinned by highly innovative proprietary software
- Documented organizational knowledge, including customer service manuals
Highlight of this IP Sale
The brand had achieved extensive exposure and was clearly a key asset in this IP portfolio, however potential acquirers relied on our bespoke marketing material to get the full picture of the brand value proposition. We identified multiple interested parties and created significant competitive tension, which enabled us to achieve a substantial uplift on the original price offered.