M and M Direct Limited (“M and M Direct” or the “Company”) has appointed Metis Partners to support the marketing and sale of the Fred & Boston brand (or the “Brand”).
HIGHLIGHTS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Casual menswear brand with 20-year proven track record of sales and profitability
- Modern brand concept, which attracts a customer base of men aged 18 to 25
- Brand is generating sales both in the UK and internationally
- Owned and marketed by leading online retailer M and M Direct, which has over 2.5m active customers
- European trade mark protection
Metis Partners is offering a unique opportunity to acquire a recognised clothing brand with a 20-year track record, and which has underpinned average annual revenue of circa £560k over the past three years. The brand has been sold on the high-street and has a significant online presence so could be relaunched as a stand-alone brand or as part of a retail portfolio.
All offers/notes of interest/requests for further information should be directed to Jorge Orendain (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ruby Chan (email@example.com) of Metis Partners by email or by phone – +44 (0)141 353 3011. The deadline for offers has been set at noon on Tuesday 10 December 2019.
The Fred & Boston brand was launched in 2007 by BANK Fashion, a recognisable high street retailer for more than two decades with average annual revenue of more than £115m. Inspired by US West Coast lifestyle, the Fred & Boston brand concept focuses on versatile sportswear and streetwear product lines for men.
Acquired by online clothing retailer M and M Direct in 2015, Fred & Boston is a revenue-generating brand which has achieved significant online sales. The Brand has benefited from extensive online exposure having been marketed on the M and M Direct website which attracts 100 million visits per year, has more than 2.5 million active customers and generated revenue in excess of £150m last year.
IP ASSETS FOR SALE
- Goodwill rights in the brand and reputation of Fred & Boston
- Registered trade marks
- Domain name