Marketing Manager (£28,000 – £35,000 DOE)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, self-motivated marketing manager based in our Glasgow office with responsibility for our worldwide marketing activities.
Metis Partners is a dynamic intellectual property (“IP”) valuation firm with a proven track record in the assessment, exploitation, monetisation, valuation and sale of IP assets. We have helped clients to maximise the valuation of their IP assets using a range of business strategies, advising organisations of all sizes, both private and plc, across all industries. Metis Partners was established in 2003 by and since then has grown into an expert team of specialists with extensive experience in IP management, valuation and analysis, working from offices in Glasgow, London and New York.
The company has earned a reputation as the UK market leader in IP valuation and sale and intends to expand its niche international business in the US & Europe. It will continue to invest in a committed and professional team, based in Scotland, and the expansion strategy will create opportunities for the team to both widen its skillset and gain international experience working in Europe and the US office.
The successful candidate will be part of the management team and working alongside the team, and with the support of a Marketing Executive, you will have full responsibility for all worldwide marketing-related activities focused on both client retention and business development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the management team to agree marketing plans, strategy & budget
- Managing & coordinating all online and offline marketing campaigns, from concept to completion
- Managing external and internal events
- Preparing high quality marketing materials
- Controlling marketing spend and delivering in line with budget
- Actively participating in business development activities
- Supervising, motivating and inspiring team members
- Contributing to strategy development for our planned growth and international expansion
- Managing the IP100 marketing plan
- Attending client meetings and business development when required
Please apply if you:
- Enjoy setting and achieving targets and thrive on a fast-moving and results-oriented environment
- Have a can-do attitude and take pride in the quality of work performed
- Can conduct yourself in a professional and sensitive manner
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness in developing and delivering marketing strategies
- Have experience in managing staff, processes and projects
- Have a keen attention to detail when promoting professional services
- Have strong strategy planning and marketing skills to ensure the maximum ROI on marketing is achieved
Skills & qualities required:
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills
- A strong understanding of, and prior experience (2-3 years) working in, a B2B focused role
- Extensive experience in digital marketing
- Results-oriented individual who wants to make a difference, takes initiative, and has a sense of urgency
- Although beneficial, no previous knowledge or experience of IP is required
We are an employee-focused company (our MD recently won the 2018 Innovation in the Workplace IOD Award) and offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- A flexible working environment to allow you to enjoy a good work life balance
- Casual dress code
- Private healthcare
- Excellent training opportunities including a mentoring programme
- Extra days holiday om your birthday
Please apply in writing, by forwarding your C.V and a covering letter explaining why you feel you should be successful in your application for this role to Iain Baird, Metis Partners, 33 Lynedoch Street, Glasgow G3 6AA (email@example.com).