Corporate Recovery & Restructuring Manager (£COMPETITIVE)
Who we are
Metis Partners is an Intellectual Property (“IP”) Valuation firm with a proven track record in the assessment, valuation and sale of IP assets. Established in 2003, we have grown to become a dynamic team of specialists working from offices in Glasgow and San Diego and are acknowledged as the UK market leader in our field. We continue to invest in a committed team, based in Glasgow, and our expansion strategy is creating opportunities for the team to both widen its skillset and gain more international experience working in Europe and the US.
What we do
We identify, value and sell IP for a range of clients, big and small, private and PLC, across numerous sectors. Our approach is focused on analysing a business, its key resources, its competitive advantage and how IP contributes to the business. We get a unique, inside view of what makes companies tick – both the successful ones and those who are failing. We also provide support other professionals, advising on and facilitating business turnarounds leveraging the value of IP assets to attract rescue funding.
We operate across three IP disciplines: IP Valuation, IP Advisory and Corporate Recovery and Restructuring. A Senior Manager heads up each of the three teams. Metis Partners is acknowledged as the UK market leader in IP Valuation and IP Sale and is expanding its niche international business in the US and Europe.
Do you recognise any of our clients?
Alix Partners, Bain Capital, Clydesdale Bank, Deloitte, Duff and Phelps, Ernst & Young, Faraday Future, FRP, Gordon Brothers, Grant Thornton, KPMG, Octopus Investments, P2i and Secure Channels.
What the role involves
We are currently recruiting for a Manager for Corporate Recovery and Restructuring
Activities our Corporate Recovery and Restructuring team has been involved in the last 6 months…
- Valued and sold the brand and related IP assets of Bench clothing, facilitating a successful corporate turnaround
- Sold the IP assets of Factory Media to an online fashion & sports retailer, saving jobs in the process
- Catalogued and sold the key IP assets in numerous failing high street retail businesses, including Maplin, which maximised returns for creditors and lenders
- Delivered IP-specific training to Ernst & Young, KPMG and Deloitte and presented IP-related webinars to accountants, lawyers and insolvency practitioners
- Attended and networked at Metis marketing events, including Metis Lawn Bowls events in Glasgow & London, and our annual Metis Burns Suppers in London and New York
- Attended the Turnaround, Restructuring and Insolvency (TRI) Awards, having been nominated for 2018 Rising Star Award and Asset Valuer of the Year
- Supported one of Europe’s most significant techstars with their expansion into Asia and protection of their IP assets on the journey
- Researched, documented, marketed and sold the IP assets from numerous other entities across industry sectors including selling: the back-catalogue of major music artists; the brands & related intangibles of high street retailers, medical device technology and contactless payment software
- Joined the Metis Team in completing Colours Insights, to improve our effectiveness in managing team dynamics, personalities and goals
……interested in joining our team?
- Managing client engagements, including managing staff to deliver Corporate Recovery assignments, typically within an agreed and pressurised timeframe
- Being the primary Metis contact for both clients and professional advisors; liaising with them to determine scope, delivery, timetable and fees for Corporate Recovery IP Valuations and IP Sales
- Preparing and/or reviewing client proposals, IP Valuation Reports and IP Sales & Marketing documentation
- Corresponding, liaising and often negotiating with potential buyers of IP and their professional advisors
- Actively contributing to business development activities and attending both Metis & external events
- Managing our Corporate Recovery Business Analysts;
– Briefing them on client assignments and targets
– Reviewing their corporate research, which support our IP Valuations and IP Sales
– Conducting staff appraisals and participating in both staff recruitment and training
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Commercial awareness and professional discretion; assignments can be commercially sensitive/confidential
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to work within a dynamic business environment while recognising the rigour required in the delivery of professional services
Experience of working in insolvency / IP is preferable but not required. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience of working in the delivery of professional services or equivalent.
We are an employee-focused company – our CEO won the 2018 Innovation in the Workplace IOD Award and we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
How to apply
Please apply in writing, by forwarding your C.V and a covering letter explaining why you feel you should be successful in your application for this role to Iain Baird, Metis Partners, 33 Lynedoch Street, Glasgow G3 6AA (firstname.lastname@example.org).