Comet Group Limited (in Liquidation) (“Comet” or the “Company”), has appointed Metis Partners to support the marketing and sale of the intellectual property (“IP”) assets relating to the Company.
HIGHLIGHTS & OPPORTUNITIES
• A widely recognised heritage retail brand dating back to 1933
• Assets associated with impressive historical financial performance of £1bn at peak
• Extensive registered trade mark portfolio
• A large domain name portfolio and e-commerce website content
• Attractive brand extension opportunities
Metis Partners is offering an excellent opportunity to acquire a British retail, electronics and whitegoods brand with considerable heritage value and the associated IP assets including a sizable domain and trade mark portfolios.
All offers and requests for more information should be submitted by email directly to Aylin Dzhafer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for offers has been set at noon on 24th April 2019.
Comet was a leading British electronics retailer, which was the second largest electronics retailer in the UK at its peak. The electronics retailer operated from its 236 outlets situated on the high street and in out-of-town warehouse locations throughout the UK as well as via its branded e-commerce website.
In addition to the Comet branded e-commerce website the Company also operated the well-known Kitchenscience and Laskys e-commerce sites. The Company sold a range of kitchen and electronic products from well-known external and own brands such as Tecnolec and Solavox. To complement its products, Comet also offered its own IT support and warranty range services such as Comet On Call and Comet Owner Plan. In 2011, Comet achieved £1bn in turnover through both online and in-store sales.
The Comet brand was at the very heart of the British retail market and was supported by extensive marketing campaigns and over 85 years of brand heritage. The brand remains widely recognisable by customers.
IP ASSETS FOR SALE
• Goodwill rights in the iconic Comet corporate brand and reputation
• Goodwill rights in associated product and service brands
• An extensive portfolio of trade marks
• Attractive domain name portfolio and attractive e-commerce website content