Martha Thompson, Antony Nygate and Kerry Bailey of BDO LLP, Joint Administrators of Bench Limited (in Administration) (“Bench” or the “Company”), have appointed Metis Partners to support the marketing and sale of the intellectual property (“IP”) assets of the Company.
IP ASSETS HIGHLIGHTS
- Extensive trade mark portfolio protecting corporate and product brands
- Renowned designs covering a range of fashionwear products
- Significant social media presence including over 700k followers on Facebook
- Licensing revenue of circa £2.5m p.a.
- Copyright in Bench Music track lists
- Customer database in respect of circa 200,000 individuals
- Organisational knowledge including an extensive image library and marketing material
This is a unique opportunity to acquire or license the IP assets of Bench, an iconic global streetwear fashion brand with considerable heritage value.
SALE OR LICENSING
All offers, notes of interest or requests for further information should be directed to Morven Fraser, Senior Manager, IP Sales, Corporate Recovery & Restructuring, Metis Partners, at email@example.com or on 0141 353 3011.
Since its UK launch in 1989, Bench has become an instantly recognisable urban fashion brand with a significant market presence in Europe and North America. The Bench brand targets mid-market metropolitan consumers by coupling a young, streetwear style with uncompromising utility and performance. This combination of quality clothing and urban fashion made Bench the ideal choice for young city-dwellers with an active lifestyle.
36 stores across Britain and Germany and a highly successful e-commerce website contributed to Bench revenues, which peaked at £150 million in 2011. The Company has also supplied some of the largest retailers through its wholesale business, including Amazon and Zalando. The Bench brand underpinned sales of clothing as well as footwear, fragrance products, and wearables.
Global business-to-consumer e-commerce has grown from $0.52 trillion in 2010 to $1.53 trillion in 2016, with industry year-on-year forecasts predicting similarly steep growth. The unique and continuing appeal of the Bench brand among young urbanites places this iconic streetwear fashion brand in an excellent position to take advantage of this on-going growth.
IP ASSETS FOR SALE
- Goodwill Rights in Various Heritage Brands
- Trade Mark Portfolio
- Registered & Unregistered Designs
- Branded Website Content & Domain Name Portfolio
- Copyright in Music Track Lists
- Customer Database
- Organisational Knowledge
This opportunity is likely to be of interest to companies operating in the following areas:
- Retail & Fashion
- Brand Acquisition & Licensing
- Music Industry
- Perfumery & Cosmetics