Metis Partners presents an exclusive opportunity to purchase the intellectual property (“IP”) assets of our client, Intellectual Property and Data Limited t/a Faceparty (“Faceparty” or the “Company”). The Company’s IP assets available for sale include software, website, domain names, databases, goodwill rights, a trade mark portfolio and extensive organisational knowledge.
IP ASSET HIGHLIGHTS
- Attractive online dating platform with roots in social media
- Circa 21m page views in 2016 with circa 450k unique visitors
- Scalable, lightning-fast software, capable of serving billions of webpages per month
- Fully integrated revenue generation infrastructure
- Associated with revenues of £5.5m and attracted circa 9m members between 2006 – 2008
- Valuable user data of circa 5m
- Market-ready and proven product with further commercialisation opportunities
This is a unique opportunity to acquire the IP assets behind a leading online dating platform, Faceparty; one of the world’s first social networks.
All offers and requests for more information should be submitted directly by email to Ruby Chan at email@example.com. The deadline for offers has been set at 25th October 2017 at Noon.
Faceparty was originally launched in 2000 and established one of the “world’s first social networks” which grew to become the UK’s most popular social media platform at the time. In 2012, the Company redeveloped and rebranded itself as an online dating platform and has since amassed more than 1.6 million members and over 21 million page views in 2016.
At its peak, Faceparty was associated with revenues of £3.7m, £4.2m and £5.5m in 2006, 2007 and 2008 respectively. In March 2005, Faceparty achieved circa 1.5 billion page impressions and was also the world’s fourth most visited website amongst UK users in September 2005.
Since launch, the Company has invested millions into developing their technology and branding, offering a unique opportunity for parties to enter the online dating and social network market and providing a potential competitive advantage in the sector.
The software behind the Faceparty platform is pivotal to its success. The technology has been continuously updated and optimised since launch, and is capable of serving billions of webpages monthly. Faceparty has frequently improved their proprietary software code to produce a stable and fully scalable product. The Company has carried out extensive optimisation on both the frontend and backend which includes memory caching, stripping and cleansing of the code, and data compression.
THIS OPPORTUNITY MAY BE OF PARTICULAR INTEREST TO PARTIES WITHIN THE MARKET SEGMENTS OF:
- Online Dating
- Social Media
- Software Development
- Brand Acquisition
IP ASSETS FOR SALE
- Software behind the Faceparty platform
- Website content
- Extensive domain name portfolio
- Databases with information on more than 3.5 million users
- Goodwill rights in the Faceparty brand
- International trade mark portfolio
- Organisational Knowledge