We are presenting a unique opportunity to purchase the intellectual property (“IP”) assets of Pret a Portobello Limited (“the Company”), the company behind an attractive online fashion marketplace inspired by London’s iconic fashion markets. The acquisition of the IP assets would enable the exploitation of Pret a Portobello’s established brand and reputation, as well as the potential rejuvenation of an existing business within the fashion and retail industries.
IP ASSET HIGHLIGHTS
- Unique Online Fashion Marketplace Inspired by London’s Iconic Portobello Market
- Dual-function Integrated Proprietary Platform with E-commerce Functionality
- Extensive Press Coverage in Leading Fashion Publications
- Registered Trade Mark Protection for the Pret a Portobello Brand
- Wide Brand Extension Opportunities
- Exclusive Opportunity to License the HAGGLE® Software
This is a unique opportunity to purchase the IP assets behind a trendy e-commerce platform inspired by the iconic Portobello Market. IP assets for sale include: goodwill in the Pret a Portobello brand, registered trade mark, software and source codes, branded domain names, customer and supplier databases and organisational knowledge.
All offers and requests for more information should be submitted by email directly to Ruby Chan (email@example.com) and Nat Baldwin (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for offers is set on Thursday 13 October 2016 at noon.
Pret a Portobello is an established fashion e-commerce marketplace, inspired by London’s iconic Portobello Market. Incorporated in 2008, the Company provides independent fashion brands with the opportunity to establish a wide-reaching online presence, and has since established a prominent presence within the fashion and retail industries.
Pret a Portobello generates revenue through two distinct streams – from its own branded fashion products, and through sales commission from the platform’s “MarketSpace” as part of a consignment model. Designed to support the Company’s two revenue streams, the Pret a Portobello platform features proprietary software to replicate a carefully curated virtual fashion market.
Extensive press coverage has been achieved in mainstream and fashion-focused publications including the Guardian, Marie Claire, ELLE, Cosmopolitan, and Drapers, enhancing the Pret a Portobello brand significantly. Pret a Portobello offers considerable scope for brand extension, as suggested below:
- Potential to utilise the established Pret a Portobello brand to extend product categories including childrenswear, menswear, gifts and homeware;
- Harness the Pret a Portobello platform’s dual functions by developing own fashion range, collaborate with third party brands and expand MarketSpace internationally;
- Room to accelerate social media strategies to enhance brand awareness and loyalty; and
- Opportunity to use affiliates’ and bloggers’ outreach to build strong relationships with digital influencers.
This opportunity is likely to be of interest to those operating in the following areas:
- Fashion and Apparel
- Brand Acquisition
IP ASSETS FOR SALE
- Goodwill in the Pret a Portobello brand
- Registered trade mark
- Software and source code
- Branded domain names
- Website content
- Customer and supplier databases
- Organisational knowledge